I'm in high school and just got diagnoesed with diabetes. What should I tel my friends?

Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Pediatrics - Endocrinology
In brief: The truth
Our teenage patients are sometimes embarrassed or reluctant to discuss diabetes with their peers.
It is so much easier and better for the teens when they're open about it. Friends can be the best support available. Because friends care, they might help you remember to test and take insulin. They get good at recognizing lows. No one has complained about their friends "getting in their face" to me.

In brief: The truth
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Vered Lewy-Weiss
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
In brief: Be honest
Tell your friends that you have diabetes and what that means for you in terms of lifestyle changes.
Diabetes is nothing to be ashamed about, and your friends may learn a lot by watching you.

In brief: Be honest
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Barbara A Majeroni
Dr. Arnon Rubin