If you were being diagnosed for aml, what questions would you ask?

Dr. Matthew Fero
Internal Medicine - Oncology

In brief: At age 41?

I would ask whether my leukemia is considered to be either intermediate or high risk, in terms of prognosis and risk of relapse.
If so, I would ask for HLA (human leukocyte antigen testing) and consultation for a possible bone marrow transplant.

In brief: At age 41?

Dr. Matthew Fero
Dr. Matthew Fero
Dr. Muhammad-ali Zaydan
Internal Medicine - Hematology & Oncology

In brief: Precautions

Should discus with your doctor the results of your testing, type of aml, gene mutations and what they mean in terms of prognosis.
Also should ask of the treatment duration, possible side effects and what precautions you should take. In addition should explore early the possibility of going for bone marrow transplant and try to identify possible donors.

In brief: Precautions

Dr. Muhammad-ali Zaydan
Dr. Muhammad-ali Zaydan
Dr. Arnon Rubin