What happens if I do have an injury, should I really do rotatory cuff workouts/ exercises and if so how hard?

See an orthopefist. An orthopedic surgeon can tell by physical exam if you have a structural problem or just an overuse type injury. Physical therapy can be useful for both but may be different for each individual case.