Are there other known side effects linked to taking insulin capsules by mouth?

Dr. Andrew Rhinehart
Internal Medicine - Diabetology

In brief: Not likely

I am not exactly sure to what you are referring as there are presently no fda approved oral Insulin preparations for use in the us.
Insulin is a peptide and will just be digested in your stomach and should not cause any therapeutic or side effects of which I am aware.

In brief: Not likely

Dr. Andrew Rhinehart
Dr. Andrew Rhinehart
Dr. Ankush Bansal

In brief: Unknown

There are no oral Insulin medications available yet in the U.
S. There are one or two companies conducting clinical trials in several parts of the world but they have not yet been approved by U.S. Fda. Therefore, side effects are unknown since that is being researched currently.

In brief: Unknown

Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Steven Seres