What do you suggest if my dying father was diagnosed with lung cancer in october 2010 and has 2 large masses in his left lung (upper lobe)?

Assess options. If symptomatic, consider radiation to the areas of disease causing the symptoms. Chemotherapy can be considered, if agents available. Surgery can be done for palliation but typically is not used. A lot depends on how well your father is doing now with these treatments, as well as the extent of the cancer in the body. I am sorry to hear that your father has to deal with this cancer.