Actiq and morphine patches help?

No & Maybe. Actiq shouldn't be used for non-cancer pain. Tolerance develops rapidly because of the rapid, intense effect. This results in the need for higher and higher doses over a very short time. This med is most appropriate for patients not expected to survive for more than several months as the med becomes less effective rapidly. Fentanyl patches may be more appropriate. See a pain specialist.
To add... Actiq and fentanyl patches are both fentanyl. The Actiq is more for break through pain since it is short acting and the fentanyl patch (duragesic) is used as a long acting pain medication. They both can be used together, however, i agree that i would usually promote the use of these medications for people with a shorter life expetency.