Can an infused ear cause me to feel discomfort in my eye, temple and cheek? How long does an infused ear normally take to heal?

Dr. David Astrachan
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Infused ear??
I have never heard of an "infused" ear. If you mean infected, then an external infection or swimmers ear can cause significant pain in the ear and around the ear. Another possibility is that your ear is fine but your jaw joint is is badly inflamed with resulting muscle pain and spasm. Jaw muscle spasm will give you all the symptoms you describe.
Try advil, (ibuprofen) soft food and ice. If no better see ent.

In brief: Infused ear??
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. David Astrachan
Dr. Anifat Balogun
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Please clarify
When you say infused ear, did you have a middle ear injection procedure? Could you mean a plugged or clogged/stuffy ear? Is your ear hurting or does it feel like it has a lot of pressure in it? Is your hearing muffled?

In brief: Please clarify
Dr. Anifat Balogun
Dr. Anifat Balogun
2 comments
Dr. Anifat Balogun
This sounds like ear congestion (eustachain tube dysfunction) as might happen with a cold, after an airplane flight, dive, or allergy nasal congestion. Decongestants and saline rinses can be helpful. Also antihistamines if you have allergies. May not resolve quickly, so be patient. You may want to see an ENT for ear pressure check and specific medications that can be helpful.
Dr. Anifat Balogun
You are welcome!