I take a lot of medication and a few supplements and I want to eliminate unnecessary pills. I take a green tea extract supplement. Is it necessary?

It depends on health. This depends on your health needs. Green tea has been proven to have remarkable health benefits because it is rich in antioxidant polyphenols known as catechins, as well as l-theanine which has a calming effect. Among the proven benefits of green tea: preventing cardiovascular disease, lowers cholesterol & blood sugar, prevents many different cancers, protects the liver. See comment for more:.
Overhyped. Green tea is the latest in a long line of overhyped nutritional products. Claims include weight loss, better health, longer life, better endurance. Do not believe the hype. Yes green tea contains some anti-oxidants and phytonutrients, but it still contains caffiene which is a stimulant and has diuretic properties. Too much green tea is not good for you.