What do you suggest if my son has neurofibromatosis type 1 and hi is only 2years old what can I expect ?

Dr. Ellen Altenburg

In brief: See genetics special

Since you are on the internet at this site, I'm sure you have already educated yourself about the risks of learning disabilities, vision issues, cancer, high blood pressure, seizures, skin tumors etc.
The complications can be very diverse, and many children have limited issues. A genetics specialist would be better suited to discuss this with you, and direct you to the appropriate specialist

In brief: See genetics special

Dr. Ellen Altenburg
Dr. Ellen Altenburg
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Nuclear Medicine

In brief: Some progress

Neurofibromatosis, inherited problem, with varying degrees of involvement from mild to severe.
Cutaneous neurofibromas are found in majority of NF1 individuals, are rare in early childhood but tend to develop in the late teens or early twenties. There may be an increase in numbers and a growth of existing lesions at puberty or in pregnancy. Physician should monitor changes in size, rare cancer.

In brief: Some progress

Dr. Gerald Mandell
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery