How quickly can you get cancer from smoking cigarettes, but only for like 10 months and not everyday?

Pathology
In brief: Quit ASAP!!!
It usually takes years, but why do you want to take a chance.
Quit as soon as you can. Cancer is only one of the harmful effects of smoking, others being heart attacks, COPD and emphysema and many more.

In brief: Quit ASAP!!!
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Surgery - Oncology
In brief: Unpredictable
You may never get cancer.
Some people smoke all their lives and never get cancer. Scientifically we can't really predict if or when smokers will get cancer. So, my best advice is to quit, or never to start! from what you describe, your risk is very low.

In brief: Unpredictable
You may never get cancer.
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Dr. Carlo Contreras
Dr. Peter Kurzweil