How long should I swaddle my newborn ? I read the article recommended only the first one month because it needs room for baby to move.

In brief: Transition from womb

Swaddling often helps baby settle by replicating the snug feeling they were use to in the womb & avoiding the random movements of arms & legs that sometimes scare a baby that doesn't understand what is happening.
Gradually loosening the wrap allows baby to to transition to the open feeling. The sooner the better.The goal is to be in a onezie on a firm mattress on their back by no later than 1m.

In brief: Transition from womb

Dr. Jonathan Jassey