What do you suggest if my son is 6y3m old. he is taking ADHD drug : ritalin10mg (1+0+0), rirperidone 1mg , catapres (clonidine) 0.1mg ( 1/4+1?

Dr. Holly Maes

In brief: What are concerns?

What are your concerns about his medication regimen? He is on a stimulant medication (Ritalin) in a fairly low dose.
The clonidine (catapres) is a non-stimulant to help with the ADHD symptoms and often used as an adjunct if sleep problems. The risperidone is the only one that troubles me if he has straight ADHD and no co-morbid conditions like ODD or conduct, as behavioral therapy is first.

In brief: What are concerns?

Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. Holly Maes
Dr. Jonathan Jassey