For the purpose of losing weight, is walking daily for a mile more benefical than walking every other day for two miles?

Dr. Christopher Dowd
In brief: Few considerations
First, congrats on your decision to exercise-either choice is better than nothing! in terms of wt loss, prob not a big difference either way.
But consider: 1. Which are you more likely to stick with long-term. 2. Exercise should be paired with good diet to achieve wt. Loss. 3. For heart health (not just wt loss), target should be at least 5x/wk exercise. 4. Prob should increase exercise gradually.

In brief: Few considerations
Dr. Christopher Dowd
Dr. Christopher Dowd
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care
In brief: 3xper week
For weight loss - excercise is 15%, nutrition 35% detox 50%.
Excercise is best if done 30 min 3 times per week. Daily excercise does not allow muscle to recover and repair. Atheletes do endurance training to build the activity on the contrary weight loss is injury, repair, rebuild. So it is better to walk every other day for 30 min.

In brief: 3xper week
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. TRUC DAO
In brief: Walk to loose weight
Walking 1h/d 5d/w loose 15.
Lb/y eating the same way. I run mountain 15 degrees elevation 5-7miles/d and 13miles weekend day 4-5d/w hot 105 or cold 32 degrees at 61yo. No need of breaks 3d/w. I eat 1 main meal/d. I sit all day a psychiatrist. = no need of calories. Must eat less first in general for overweight people. Not expect loose weight just by exercise.

In brief: Walk to loose weight
Walking 1h/d 5d/w loose 15.
Dr. TRUC DAO
Dr. TRUC DAO
Dr. Jonathan Jassey