Been given conflicting information about breast feeding after a colonoacopy. Is there a sedative that would allow me to or do I need to wait 24 hr?

Dr. Arthur Heller
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: Best to pump 1st
Most of the usually used sedatives, e.
g. Midazolam, propofol, and narcotics, e.g. Fentanyl are out of the system within several hours. To be on the safe side, best to pump a supply beforehand. And wait 24 hours.

In brief: Best to pump 1st
Most of the usually used sedatives, e.
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Matt Malkin
Anesthesiology
In brief: Varies
The medications given should definitely be gone within 24h.
They would also probably only be in low doses in the milk during those 24h, so some people say too low to affect baby. Safest would be to pump. Why not pump extra in advance and put in fridge for that day? We usually give the most conservative answer just in case something happens.

In brief: Varies
Dr. Matt Malkin
Dr. Matt Malkin
Dr. Cindy Juster