Child 8 no appetite weight loss dizzy episodes grey skin colour changes blue lips then ok again, having funny spells vision blacks out dark sunk eyes?

Dr. Jeff McFadden

In brief: Distress.

The child sounds in distress and needs to be taken to ER immediately.
There are many possibilities such as juvenile diabetes, cardiac or lung problems, infection, thyroid issues, adrenal crisis etc. but the child needs IV fluid and immediate work-up and most likely hospitalization. Don't delay.

In brief: Distress.

Dr. Jeff McFadden
Dr. Jeff McFadden

In brief: Is this child home?

Has this child been seen by a physician? Has a hospitalization been recommended or recently completed? Does this child have a congenital malformation of the great vessels of the heart? I have too many questions which to me need to be urgently answered.
I believe this child needs to be in the hospital at least to stabilize the weight until it is determined why the weight loss and no appetite.

In brief: Is this child home?

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
3 comments
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
That's good he is seeing a pediatrician tomorrow. Do you have a sense that the doctor is planning on hospitalizing him? If not, can you not make the initiative and go now? Your description of his pulse is worrisome. I'm not sure he can wait to see the pediatrician on an outpatient basis. Please consider going to the ER now.
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Good morning to the parents and young man we were discussing here. Last evening, you said he had an appointment to see the pediatrician TOMORROW....Since you are across the pond and since your comment would've come at around 5am YOUR TIME based upon when these comments were written I didn't know whether "tomorrow" meant later on that morning over there or 24 hrs. after that, Thurs? Progress?
Dr. Shontae Buffington