I woke with a really terrible headache & was sensitive to light. It felt similar to a headache I get when I am hungover. Was it a migraine?

Dr. Kenneth Cheng

In brief: Possibly

It is possible what you experienced was a migraine, however, headaches can be caused by a number of possibilities.
These include hormonal fluctuations, dehydration, muscle tension, sinus/allergy issues, infections, migraines, tumors, and a number of other medical issues. Best to see your doctor to narrow the cause before assuming a migraine.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Kenneth Cheng
Dr. Cynthia Point

In brief: Maybe

Please see your doctor to have this checked out.
If it was a migraine, there are medicines which can make it less of a bother.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Cynthia Point
Dr. Cynthia Point
Dr. Vikram Patel