Do I need to drink all of the prep for a colonoscopy? It makes me sick

Dr. Susan Arnoult

Drink it all to be sure the prep is good.
The worst would be to do "most" of the prep (which is absolutely no fun) but then get to the colonoscopy and it be inconclusive because it wasn't clear enough to see. Then you're back at square one, starting over! Good luck! No one likes the stuff.

Dr. Susan Arnoult
Dr. Susan Arnoult
Dr. Charles Cattano
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: You will be...

...invited back for a re-look after a better prep.
To avoid this, take only clear liquids the entire day before your test, and follow all instructions provided by your provider regarding the timing and completion of your prep solution (yes, drink the WHOLE thing please).

In brief: You will be...

Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Andrea Brand