How do I over come hot flashes?

Dr. Steven Ferguson
General Practice

In brief: See below

Hot flashes: why am I getting them? What can I do about them? Is there a treatment? What causes them? All of those are great questions Hot flashes are one of the most common symptoms of menopause.
Although not limited to menopause. Menopause is when you have gone one year with no menstruation. People also get hot flashes in the Peri-menopause stage and even in the pre-menopause stage. Hot flashes are caused by an imbalance between multiple hormones but especially estrogen and progesterone. The symptoms can occur several times a day. They are often associated with filling hot all over causing one to want to take off some of their clothing. There is a syndrome called estrogen dominance, which can explain this, further. But to simply put it there is an imbalance in the relationship between estrogen and progesterone, which can lead to multiple symptoms, hot flashes being one of them. Other symptoms include things like irritability, anxiousness; night sweats painful intercourse, difficulty sleeping and many more. We've been working with these types of symptoms daily in our practice over the last 18 years. And what we have found is we get great results with natural hormone therapy. We first do a questionnaire then we check their hormones with saliva testing. (More accurate than blood testing because it measures the free hormone with out any concern about the amount of hormone bound to protein.) Once we have that information we identified what the hormone imbalance is and we simply replace what's deficient. This brings a balance between several hormones and in turn causes a relinquishing of many of the symptoms associated with menopause. Thanks for your question. The above is the simple answer the better answer is to work with a healthcare professional who has experiencing natural hormone therapy. Will be happy to further discuss your issues with you in the concierge service. Go to: https://www.healthtap.com/dr-stevenfergusonmd

In brief: See below

Dr. Steven Ferguson
Dr. Steven Ferguson
Dr. Armando E. Hernandez-Rey
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Difficult question

Without knowing your history its hard to give you recommendations.
In certain cases there are alternatives and others where they may not be appropriate. I would recommend you see your gynecologist to review the options that you have given the particulars of your history.

In brief: Difficult question

Dr. Armando E. Hernandez-Rey
Dr. Armando E. Hernandez-Rey