My 5 year old slipped while exiting a waterslide and hit the side of her head. A few days later I noticed a red bruise behind her ear. Please advise?

Dr. John Boe
Emergency Medicine

In brief: Nothing to worry abt

If this happened 2-3 days ago and your child has been behaving normally and not complaining about significant pain, then this is unlikely anything to worry about (at this point).
Seek medical attention if their behavior changes, the begin vomiting or you have any other concerns.

In brief: Nothing to worry abt

Dr. John Boe
Dr. John Boe
Dr. Liesa Harte

In brief: Concussion?

Did she lose consciousness? Any memory issues? Headaches? Was she evaluated? The red bruise doesn't really bother me.
I just wonder about her brain. If in doubt, take her to the doctor.

In brief: Concussion?

Dr. Liesa Harte
Dr. Liesa Harte
Dr. Cindy Juster