If I am using sugar substitutes to control my diabetes, should I be concerned about aspartame poisoning?

Dr. Paige Gutheil

In brief: No

I am not aware of cases of aspartame poisoning in typical daily use.
We should keep in mind though that aspartame is not a natural product and, just like every food, should only be used in moderation.

In brief: No

Dr. Paige Gutheil
Dr. Paige Gutheil
Dr. Theodore Cole

All of the artificial sweetening agents are toxic and should be avoided.
The problem is usually not so much a matter of acute poisoning, but rather a gradual process that takes a toll over time. In addition, there are studies that show that people who use sugar substitutes actually gain more weight than those who don't use them.

Dr. Theodore Cole
Dr. Theodore Cole
Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: No

While people who ingest a lot of artificial sweeteners do often report fatigue and achiness, it's unlikely that you could take in enough to truly "poison" yourself with the stuff.
That being said, it's always better to keep it natural and just limit the amount of natural sugar you ingest.

In brief: No

Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Peter Kurzweil