I'm having surgery on my gal bladder soon what can I expect afterwards pain wise health wise does it make changes in my body?

Dr. Rafael Lugo
Surgery
In brief: Depends
Pain, is very subjective but most people not too bad.
Tolerable and can be controlled with pain meds. Body wise, small scars that healed great an normal life usually. About 5 percent of females may have loose stools for a period of time but it will usually improve. No weight loss or gain and yes you can eat fat after a gallbladder operation. www.drlugo.com.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Dr. Rafael Lugo
Dr. Barry Rosen
Surgery
In brief: No More GB Attacks!
First and foremost, you can enjoy eating without the fear of being doubled-over in severe pain.
The pain of surgery is short-lived: most people convalesce at home for 2-3 days and are back to work in 7-10 days; most people resume exercise in 2-3 weeks. About 20% of the time, people will get diarrhea for a few weeks after surgery, especially with fatty foods, but this usually goes away soon after.

In brief: No More GB Attacks!
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Barry Rosen
Dr. Adam Levy