Have a hard lump the size of a small marble in my earlobe. painful if you squeeze it n doesn't move. What could it possible be n should I tell my gp?

Dr. John Fung
Surgery

In brief: Epidermoid cyst ?

If you have pierced ears and the area of the painful lump is close by, you could have epidermoid cyst.
This is caused by implantation of epidermis (skin cells) into the dermis (below the skin level) during ear piercing. They can also be caused by a blocked pore adjacent to the piercing. Cysts can be removed by surgical excision if it is causing significant discomfort.

In brief: Epidermoid cyst ?

Dr. John Fung
Dr. John Fung
Dr. Cindy Juster