4 aligned foot fractures (so no surgery). Doctor removed the fiberglass cast for the 3rd-week Xray, then prescribed the walking boot. Is it TOO EARLY?

Dr. Jovita Anyanwu

In brief: No

Treating Ortho checked follow up XR and examined you hence is in better position to give sound advice

In brief: No

Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Dr. Jovita Anyanwu
Dr. David Moats
Podiatry

In brief: Several factors

Yes or no depending on the bone fractured, the alignment of the bone(displaced or not), the radiographic signs of healing, how much and how long weight bearing.

In brief: Several factors

Dr. David Moats
Dr. David Moats

In brief: Boots are great

In my experience, such fractures seem to have a good bond at 3 wks.
Walking boots actually immobilize quite sufficiently. Just don't over do it, as healing is still occurring.

In brief: Boots are great

Dr. James Dukelow
Dr. James Dukelow
Dr. Jack Hinkle