Is this anxiety or something else? I've been laying in bed unable to sleep cause I can feel my heart beating fast in chest. I also awaken with fast HR

Dr. Amanda Itzkoff

In brief: Anxiety is a

Diagnosis of exclusion, meaning that medical causes for rapid HR first need to be ruled out.
If an underlying cause is identified, it must be treated. If, after evaluation for underlying medical problem is negative, then ur doctor may find that ur rapid HR is a symptom of your anxiety disorder & may recommend adjustments to your treatment. Contact ur doc to discuss ur new symptom & feel btr soon!

In brief: Anxiety is a

Dr. Amanda Itzkoff
Dr. Amanda Itzkoff
Dr. Grant Brenner

In brief: Check it out

It could be cardiac.
Any history of heart problems? Probably not, though. Still, you have to make sure it is not a problem like that before assuming it is emotional in origin. However, that is a symptom of anxiety or panic. It looks like you already take medications, so it sounds like you've been diagnosed with anxiety or depression. Meds can also cause a racing heart.

In brief: Check it out

It could be cardiac.
Dr. Grant Brenner
Dr. Grant Brenner
Dr. Usama Sabzwari

In brief: Palpitations/anxiety

You need to go see a doctor immediately.
A proper history including the duration , quality , intensity etc of your symptoms as well as a physical exam needs to be done, and/ or lab investigations. Palpitations , for example, could indicate something ranging from an arrhythmia( problems with the heartbeat rhythm ) to a panic attack to a variety of other conditions.

In brief: Palpitations/anxiety

Dr. Usama Sabzwari
Dr. Usama Sabzwari