3 large tori in toof of mouth sometimes cause choking on food, difficulty swallowing or breathing, or trap food. What specialists remove tori? Risks?

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: Oral Surgeon

Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery requires additional 4-6 years of hospital-based surgical and anesthesia training after graduation from dental school with DDS or DMD degree.
They perform surgeries and manage a wide variety of problems relating to the oral cavity, teeth and facial regions.

In brief: Oral Surgeon

Dr. Kristin Outlan
Dentistry

In brief: Oral Surgery

Sounds like a consult with an Oral Surgeon would benefit you.
They would likely discuss the risks and benefits of the procedure. Then you can decide what is best for your safety and quality of life.

In brief: Oral Surgery

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: Large Tori

Although without examining you personally I can't say for sure, in over 40 years of practice I have never seen or heard of large palatal tori causing any of your symptoms.
Oral Surgeons can and do remove tori. See one for a consult to examine you and answer all your questions. Risk is mostly bleeding and soreness. See a physician regarding difficulty swallowing\breathing!

In brief: Large Tori

Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology