Would TURMERIC Shrink uterine fibroids?i'M Anemic due to fibroids,does turmeric THINS BLOOD? Can i take iron & turmeric at the same time or different.

Dr. Stephen Scholand
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Turmeric

I wouldn't trust turmeric to shrink your fibroids- although the herb is reputed to be anti inflammatory.
There are animal studies that show an effect. I think it's better to see a gyn or talk with your primary doc to manage. There shouldn't be any interaction with iron pills. Why not try to get some of that iron through the diet? - dark green veggies, raisins, prunes, dark chocolate etc..take care

In brief: Turmeric

Dr. Adam Levy