If I am allergic to walnut trees, does that mean I should not eat walnuts either?

Dr. Gary Steven
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Usually not

There is typically no relationship between tree pollen and tree nut allergy in most except the most highly allergic individuals.
If you have eaten walnuts without symptoms for many years before you found out you're allergic to walnut pollen, don't worry about it. But if you have severe allergy symptoms in the spring and have never eaten walnuts, you should be cautious about trying them.

In brief: Usually not

Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Robert Ramirez

In brief: No

Being allergic to walnut tree pollen is not the same as being allergic to the nut.
You have as much of a chance of being allergic to the nut as anyone else. The same applies to pecan tree and pecan nut. The allergens in each are different.

In brief: No

Dr. Robert Ramirez
Dr. Robert Ramirez
Dr. Keegan Duchicela