My E.S.R. rate is at 53. I have about 2 tender to touch glands both sides starting at arm pit down on sides. Hurt when I press. Have them for 7 weeks.

In brief: And your question is

So far we know you have an elevated ESR indicating a likely acute inflammatory reaction of some type supported by your report of swollen lymph glands (i.
e. lyphmadenopathy) which are painful to touch. But that's where the story ends. They will not go away without treatment. I suspect you are following with someone otherwise, how would you know the sed rate. Plan to biopsy I imagine? Good luck.

In brief: And your question is

Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Dariush Saghafi
Dr. Yash Khanna

In brief: NeedMedicalAttention

Apparently you have been examined by a medical professional who ordered the ESR which is a non specific test and gets elevated in any infection acute or chronic.
vasculitis,connective tissue disease and arthritis.Since you have tender glands it seems there may be infection.But it needs to be examined and may need other tests and/or excision biopsy as well.But decision has to be made after examinati

In brief: NeedMedicalAttention

Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Yash Khanna
Dr. Crystal Twynham