Vitamin c allergies symptoms?

Use quercetin. To treat allergy symptoms, try quercetin. Vitamin c has not been shown to be as helpful for allergy symptoms.

Related Questions

Too many supplements. Could I have vitamin C allergy?

Yes .You are right ! Vitamins in nature(fruits, vegetables, egg yoke, sauerkraut, fish, ...) exist in several isomers each of them. That means their molecule looking completely differently in space and all of them go together.That is very very expensive to produce commercially and does not happen.That's why you can not have the wanted benefit. Eat organic foods. Smaller amounts of the natural vitamins have huge effect. Read more...

I have an allergy to vitamin c.Is there a multivitamin I can take that doesn't contain a large amount of vitamin c?

Don't take multi. Recent studies suggest no value, and potential harm in taking multi-vitamins. Don't take them. If you have a known deficiency, then treat each vitamin deficiency separately with whole foods as a first approach. Don't believe the hype about needing to supplement if you eat fruits, vegetables, nuts, beans, whole grains and wild salmon regularly. Read more...

My wife has allergy with calcium and vitamin c. Whenever she intakes either of it, she starts to have body pains, what is the permanent cure for this?

Not an allergy. It is impossible to be allergic to either vitamin c or calcium. Both are found in your body at all times so if you were allergic to either substance you would constantly be experiencing allergic reactions. Also, body pains are rarely, if ever, seen with allergic reactions. The body aches are due to some other process unlikely due to vitamin c or calcium. Consult your md or a rheumatologist. Read more...
Obvious. The plain answer is stop taking these. If they are absolutely necessary, then discuss these with the doctor who ordered them. Neither is likely to be essential at your age, but the physician seeing you would know best. Read more...

Can consuming vitamin C help with itching and breathing difficulties acquired from shellfish allergy reaction?

Not enough. Shellfish allergy can be life-threatening, especially if you have breathing difficulties when you eat it. Taking vitamin c is not enough to guarantee that you will prevent a reaction. If you have a shellfish allergy, you should not eat it at all. It's also a good idea to see a doctor about this allergy and make sure you don't have others. Read more...
No. Not really. If you have the allergy symptoms that you are describing, then you need to be evaluated by a board certified allergist who will direct you to current recommendations and management of food allergy. Read more...

Can take a vitamin C supplement if im allergic to orange juice? I self diagnosed my allergy (i get white filled bumps when I drink oj)

Yes, but of ? Value? See answer: https://www.Healthtap.Com/#user_questions/684218 & check: http://lpi.Oregonstate.Edu/infocenter/vitamins/vitaminc. Orange juice, more that oranges, is very high sugar & sugar drives obesity, diabetes mellitus, cv ds, high blood pressure. Allergies are behavioral responses, under internal control, occurring for any combination & variety of reasons, always self-diagnoses not doctors. Read more...

31 yr-old woman diagnosed in China with allergic purpura (capillary toxicosis); is treating with OTC Transfer Factor Oral Solution. What is this.....?

Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura? just a guess, what was your platelet level during the episodes? Read more...
Need more information. "Capillary toxicosis" is not a mainstream diagnosis in most of the world, and the oral "transfer factors" used in China are not considered evidence-based here. Vitamin C is not a vasculitis treatment. If you have suspected / biopsy-proven vasculitis, confined to the skin or part of a systemic illness like Henoch-Schonlein, it's a serious business and if it were me, I"d demand a scientific workup. Read more...
Hypersensitivity vasculitis? Hypersensitivity vasculitis (which can be called allergic purpura) can occur after ingestion of certain medications/drugs. It can present with the rash like in the photos, also with fever, joint pain, belly pain, and swollen lymph nodes. The treatment is to stop the medication and the symptoms should resolve within a week. If it does not resolve with discontinuation of the medication, please go see your doctor again. Read more...
Quacks like a duck. I have never heard of capillary toxicosis and have never known of any oral solution with Transfer Factor. In order to find the solution, you will need to find the cause for the rash. Consult a dermatologist , Your current Rx sounds too quacky to me. Read more...
Unanswered questions. What is "the current OTC"? Have you any other symptoms? Appearance and distribution and duration of rash? Why these specific vitamins? Did the chinese Drs mean vasculitis or leukocytoclastic vasculitis or Henoch-Schoenlein purpura? Have you been seen by a dermatologist? Best treatment can be determined only after your problem is defined more precisely. Read more...
There is no question. Please rethink what you want to ask about. The treatment, the diagnosis or now what to do? Read more...
Capillary toxicosis is HSP Henoch Schonlein Purpura; need a rheumatolo. Capillary toxicosis is called Henoch-Schonlein Purpura or HSP in our textbooks. It can be, unfortunately, a remitting / relapsing condition. The mainstay of treatment is supportive (fluids, rest, etc) but there are Rheumatologist (specialist) who use steroids to control particularly worrisome symptoms like bleeding, renal failure, & swelling. This is controversial, however, as using steroids has not been shown in trials to shorten the duration of the disease. That being said, seeing a Rheumatologist is especially important because (1) treatment can be given, even if temporarily, for symptoms, & (2) a Rheumatologist can determine when to escalate based on symptoms (e.g., initiating temporary dialysis if HSP causes kidney failure). Oral transfer factor - essentially serum from animals who are supposedly "immune" to this condition, in my opinion, is very expensive & of dubious value. This reflects the "throw everything" approach to treatment. Avoid any known triggers until you see a doctr. Read more...
SymptomsFree4-6Weeks. Transfer factor is a molecule that is extracted from the clostrum the first milk the cow produce to their new borncalvesThe condition Cappilary toxicosis is also called Henoch Schonlein Purpura.It causes rash and joint swelling in knees&ankles,also abdominal pain&kidneys may be affected&blood in urine.The rash&joint pains will go away after 4to6weeks with no permanent damage.No treatment is needed. Read more...
See Dermatologist. Concerning for vasculitis. Needs evaluation to confirm diagnosis. May need work up for other autoimmune diseases as well. Hope this helps. Read more...
Immune-modulating proteins. If you are asking what is Transfer Factor Oral Solution, Transfer Factor (TF) is a nutritional supplement derived from colostrum. It is well-known that colostrum transfers immunity to microbes from mother to baby. Cow colostrum is different from human colostrum but TF's are the proteins within colostrum that actually transfer immunity and the transfer factors in cow colostrum appear to be identical to those in human colostrum. Cows can be exposed to specific antigens to create TF for specific microbes. While, as is the case for many OTC supplements, more research is needed, TF appears safe and effective for many people to modulate immune function, with studies specifically showing significant improvements in Natural Killer Cell Activity. See http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0975761913000410 for an overview and https://www.4life.com/corp/about/transferfactor for marketing materials on a specific product. I would try a food allergy elimination diet. Read more...