Are there any medications or treatment for lingual nerve damage from wisdom tooth extraction? I've got burning sensation and pain in my tongue and gum

Dr. Steven Watry
General Practice

In brief: Time and

Hopefully, this will resolve over time.
There is considerable swelling and local trauma to your jaw at present. Have you tried ibuprofen or the other anti-inflammatory meds ? Also consider discussing gabapentin with your doctor. This may calm the nerves at bit..

In brief: Time and

Hopefully, this will resolve over time.
Dr. Steven Watry
Dr. Steven Watry
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry

In brief: It depends

There may or may not be something that can be done regarding medication and\or treatment of perhaps your own body will heal it over time.
It depends upon the extent of the damage, how long ago the injury occurred, your general health and nutrition, medications taken, existing conditions as well as a host of other factors. This is best discussed with a specialist (Oral Surgeon) in your area.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler