I'm a 20 year old female and I'm having concerns of dvt. Intermittent calf pain, my leg is not red or swollen, but i'm on yasmin (drospirenone and ethinyl estradiol) which increases risk?

In brief: Ok, I hear ya

The incidence of DVT on chemical contraceptives remains very low, but it is higher than in the general population.
if you are sufficiently worried, make an appointment to see your doctor so he/she can examine you and determine if you need further testing. There are lots of things other than a DVT that could cause your symptoms. Nevertheless, a physical examination and history is where to start.

In brief: Ok, I hear ya

Dr. Jason Sample
Dr. Jason Sample
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Surgery - Vascular

In brief: Dvt

I agree that venous thrombosis should be ruled out based in the fact that you are on birth control medication.

In brief: Dvt

Dr. Norman Chideckel
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Dr. John Michalski
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: DVT

All possibities--get a venous Doppler ASAP.

In brief: DVT

Dr. John Michalski
Dr. John Michalski
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine