Is Nerium a safe anti-aging skin product?

Dr. Joyce Fiedler

In brief: Nerium

Nerium comes from the oleander plant and is being sold as an anti-aging skin product.
I have seen no scientific studies to prove this. Last I checked, there is no fountain of youth. Wearing sunblock and hydrating well, avoiding smoking are less expensive ways to keep your skin looking young.

In brief: Nerium

Dr. Joyce Fiedler
Dr. Joyce Fiedler
Dr. Caroline Capitano
Pain Management

In brief: Oleander

Nerium is made from oleander, a poisonous plant, depending on how much is used, for how long you could see systemic absorption.
Potentially you could develop signs of chronic oleander poisoning (vision changes, loss of appitite). If a child or pet ate it poisoning could occur. Of course all creams like this could cause allergic dermatitis. Poisoning needs call to poison control center.

In brief: Oleander

Dr. Caroline Capitano
Dr. Caroline Capitano