What kind I expect from ECT? I am Schizoaffective and none of the meds seem to work, my doc recommends ECT.

Dr. Austina Cho

In brief: It does help.

ECT is a safe and effective treatment for people including pregnant women who suffer from severe depression w/ psychosis, treatment refractory depression, severe mania, catatonia, & agitation or aggression in dementia.
Side effects may include headache, nausea, vomiting and minor muscle spasms. Memory loss for events that occurred before tx may last up to several months.

In brief: It does help.

Dr. Austina Cho
Dr. Austina Cho
Excellent info Dr. Cho.

In brief: See that you suffer

from depressive symptoms.
ECT can be a safe and effective way to approach treatment recalcitrant depression. Be well.

In brief: See that you suffer

from depressive symptoms.
Dr. Eric Weisman