I have bad eyes; -975, must wear my glasses for 10 days b4 cataract surgery instead of rgp contacts. Now I have headache & pain behind the eye.

Dr. Liesa Harte

In brief: Bad vision

I suspect you are having a headache due to your poor vision and now being without your contacts.
You should report these symptoms to your eye doctor to make sure they agree and are not concerned. Good luck with your procedure.

In brief: Bad vision

Dr. John Munshower

In brief: Visual Head ache

Thank you for requesting me to answer your question.
I would refer to Dr. Liesa Harte's answer as her response was excellent and I agree with it fully. Best wishes.

In brief: Visual Head ache

Dr. Sandra Lora Cremers
Ophthalmology

In brief: 20/20 after CS

Eye surgeons' goal is to achieve 20/20 vision after cataract surgery for distance & near. In attempt to achieve this, our intraocular lens equations rely on the corneal curvature which is warped by RGPs.
New technology: intraoperative aberrometer attempts to increase chance we get as close to 20/20 (or whatever eyeMD &pt is aiming for preop. Headaches (likely dt large Rx) should resolve after CS.

In brief: 20/20 after CS

Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine