Can chronic diarroea be the cause of a vitamin D deficiency?

Maybe. Hi. If you get most of your vit. D from your diet (instead of from sun exposure), malabsorption can cause vit. D deficiency. So causes of malabsorption are associated with diarrhea, so there can be a connection. In general, I'd say chronic diarrhea needs a good work up by a gastroenterologist. Good luck!
Yes. Diarrhea affects the absorption of many things, including vitamin D, and chronic diarrhea could certainly lead to a deficiency of this and other vitamins and minerals.
No. No. Chances are this is supply and demand at work. You get vitamin D through the sun on your untanned unprotected skin, through supplements and in certain foods. Vitamin D is used in the operation of about 350 genes, included many detoxification reactions. .