Can nasarel nasal spray cause sinus problems?

No. Nasarel (flunisolide) is a prescription topical corticosteroid spray used to treat allergic rhinitis & may be useful in related conditions like nasal polyps. Nasarel is one of the earliest developed topical steroid sprays. Its not used very much anymore because it causes nasal stinging. It is not a vasoconstrictor/decongestant like afrin. Continued use does not cause blockage of sinus openings.
Probably not. I previously answered this question but I did not address the question of sinusitis. If the over the counter nasal spray is used too long, it is possible that the small openings to the paranasal sinuses could be eventually obstructed and lead to a rhino-sinusitis. Again, let an ENT doctor or allergist manage your nasal problems.