I'm looking for a retainer that will straighten my teeth. Trying to avoid braces. Are there any at stores or do I have to talk to my dentist?

In brief: Orthodontist

You'll need to seek the help of a dental professional for this.
.. no store bought dental appliances available.

In brief: Orthodontist

Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Tell me your joking

It takes 12,000 to 15,000 hours of training after completing College to become an Orthodontist, and you think you can just buy something off the shelf that will correct your problem? First of all retainers hold things where thy are, they don't correct malocclusions.
Second of all, go see a qualified Orthodontist and quit deluding yourself.

In brief: Tell me your joking

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry

In brief: Retainer

There are no store or online bought retainers that will help you.
See an orthodontist and discuss your needs with them.

In brief: Retainer

Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. John Munshower

In brief: Need orthodontist

You need an official exam of your mouth and oral/teeth area.
Simple over the counter bracing will not get you a desired effect of straightening at all. This is a science that needs to be mapped out with an exam and probable x-rays to develop the best type of bracing and or straightening devices for your teeth.

In brief: Need orthodontist

Dr. John Munshower
Dr. John Munshower

In brief: No Dr?, bad idea

Trying to move teeth without a good knowledge of the ramifications is a very bad idea.
Get a consult with an orthodontist or GP that does orthodontics. There are systems now that do not require brackets and bands to straighten your teeth. BTW, Retainers keep your teeth from moving, hence the retainer title

In brief: No Dr?, bad idea

Dr. Keith Hollander
Dr. Keith Hollander
Dr. Richard Jaffe
Dentistry

In brief: No stores available

You really need a professional.
I just started some minor straightening as a general dentist and have had great results. Consider cosmetic tooth color braces that can work in only six months(6 month braces) or a removable appliance which is also fast but limited on what it can achieve.

In brief: No stores available

You really need a professional.
Dr. Richard Jaffe
Dr. Richard Jaffe
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dr Jaffa, don't just look at crown alignment. Look for root parallelism, adherence to Andrew's 6 Keys to occlusion, tip and torque, relationships of alveolar bone to basal bone, and changes in soft tissue drape..
Dr. William Forsythe