Need a futon for my new apt. Tend to have allergies. If I get a used one, could I get a dust mite allergy?

Not really. If you're genetically predisposed to develop a dust mite allergy, you will be exposed to enough dust mite allergen that an allergy will develop. It may come on faster if you have huge, frequent exposures, but an old futon in and of itself won't cause the allergy. Beat the cushions (outdoors!) when you first get it, then get it steamcleaned to remove as much dust mite allergen as you can.