Sometimes when I have liquor, or food with high sugar, I am getting severe pain in neck and upper shoulders, almost immediately. Lasts for 20 min. Subsides and ends in soreness in upper abdomen.

Dr. Warren Foster
Cardiology - Cardiac Electrophysiology

In brief: Referred pain?

Many of the organs in the abdomen (pancreas, stomach, intestines, gall bladder, liver) have inaccurately localizing pain receptors.
There can be a problem in these digestive organs, but your body can mistakenly send the pain signals suggestive of shoulder problems). See your doctor next available, consider avoiding liquor, high sugar/carbohydrate foods, gluten, until then.

In brief: Referred pain?

Dr. Warren Foster
Dr. Warren Foster
Dr. Marsha Davis

In brief: Don't know

What the liquor would have to do with the neck pain but it sure is a bad habit and could account for the upper abdominal pain.
It may Ned short term treatment for gastritis be really th liquor needs to stay in the store

In brief: Don't know

Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Marsha Davis
Dr. Vikram Patel