What is prognosis of pt of liver cirrhosis with insomnia and asciteshaving sgot 68.5, total prStein 4.5, albumin 2.4 bld urea, creatinine normal?

Pathology

In brief: It'll kill him...

... unless he stops drinking.
Period. From the clinical findings, this individual continues to be a "moderate drinker." Without sobriety, his chances of recovery aer zero. How soon? I can't tell you. Can we get through this man's denial? I don't know. Is this you? Do you want to die? Or would you like to feel well once again. Cirrhosis is largely reversibly -- IF you sober up.

In brief: It'll kill him...

... unless he stops drinking.
Dr. Kristel Hunt
Internal Medicine - Hepatology

In brief: Depends

albumin is low.
bilirubin, platelets, INR all a lot more helpful than the other tests that you listed. Ascites can be managed easily, are there other issues like varices, encephalopathy? what is the etiology of cirrhosis, can that be reversed (HCV, for example?)

In brief: Depends

albumin is low.
Dr. Eric Weisman