Kenalog (triamcinolone) allergy shot and pregnancy?

PREGNANCY. If mom is receiving allergy shots during pregnancy, then the amount must be minimal so that it will not affect pregnancy especially the 1st trimester.
Other choices. With the multiple treatments available now for treatment of allergies, it is very uncommon to need kenalog (triamcinolone) steroid injections for treatment. The best treatment for allergic rhinitis is topical nasal steroid sprays--safe and effective. Even more important is trying to identify the allergic trigger such that avoidance measures can be implemented and this may reduce symptoms with less medication.