With hemivertebrae, what happened to the other half of the vertebrae?

Dr. Stan Lee
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Failure of formation
With a hemivertebra, half of the vertebra fails to form. There are other congenital spine defects where vertebrae fail to divide or segment, leading to portions of the spine that are "stuck" together.

In brief: Failure of formation
Dr. Stan Lee
Dr. Stan Lee
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Iy never formed
The embrology of the spine is very complex the fact most every vertebrates grow straight in one plame with two curves in another plane is a miracle that leaves me speechless every day add we do it against gravity with a head and two arms if we are lucky a 72 piece spine a famous scoliosis surgeon wonderedore about the straight spine was harfer to understand than the curved dr stanara.

In brief: Iy never formed
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston