Am I hurting my body if I have an eating disorder?

Dr. Carla Enriquez

In brief: Yes, maybe

An eating disorder can lead to nutritional problems and imbalances that can harm your body.
Please see your doctor for help or referral for treatment of your eating disorder.

In brief: Yes, maybe

Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Carla Enriquez
Dr. Donald Hazlett

In brief: Possibly

The key is in the words "eating disorder".
If eating habits cause problems of any kind it is likely a "disorder" and can be "hurting" the body. Anorexia causes medical issues in it's extremes including electrolyte abnormalities, damaged kidney function, cardiac irregularities and even death. Bulimia isn't much better. Erosion of teeth, GI problems, electrolyte issues stem from binging & purging.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Donald Hazlett
Dr. Jane Van Dis