My hpylori breath test is negative now.. still feelsgas n heartburn is it dangerous...i took triple therapy 1month back my GI say give ur stomach time?

Dr. Stephen Southard

In brief: Not unreasonable

To wait a bit. As exposure to antibiotic therapy may disrupt normal GI function and take some time to "reset".

In brief: Not unreasonable

Dr. Michelle Belgard

In brief: H. pylori and GERD

H. pylori infection and GERD symptoms are not well correlated.
In fact, there is some evidence that H. pylori infection actually helps to prevent symptoms of GERD. While chronic GERD can lead to esophageal cancer, this would be rare in someone your age. Changes in the esophagus that would be of concern are easily diagnosed with EGD; a test your GI doctor would perform if they felt it was needed.

In brief: H. pylori and GERD

Dr. Andrea Brand