Which proton-pump inhibitor is best? Nexium, (esomeprazole) Prilosec, or Prevacid and why?

Each has relative... ...merits based on duration of action, side effects, tolerance, cost/insurance coverage. All are equally efficacious, so your question should be better phrased, "which is better for me?", and that we can't answer since we don't know your particular circumstances.
None! The plethorta of side effects of these drugs has only become evident. Nutritional deficiencies, osteoporosis, chronic kidney issues, and acelerated heart disease. They should be short term. H2 blockers are a preferred treatment!