Having Surgery on my ankles this Friday. I have a cold(cough, sore throat, and stuffy/runny rose). no fever. is it safe to proceed with surgery?

In brief: Depends of type

of anesthesia and urgency of surgery.
Considering your other medical problems, it might be wise to postpone your operation. Speak to your surgeon about timing of the operation.

In brief: Depends of type

of anesthesia and urgency of surgery.
Dr. Robert Uyeda
Dr. Robert Uyeda
Dr. Doug Mason
Podiatry

In brief: Anesthesia will tell

It will be up the the anesthesiologist as well as the surgeon to make that call.
A fever would cancel it, but a sore throat may depending on the anesthesia that is being given. If it is MAC, you could be ok. But if it is general, may have to re-schedule it. I would call ahead and give them a heads up before Friday.

In brief: Anesthesia will tell

Dr. Doug Mason
Dr. Doug Mason
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine