I'm worried about my friend. How can I tell if she has an eating disorder?

Dr. Kevin Passer
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: Ask her?
Why don't you tell your friend about the concerns you have for her? Having an eating disorder can be very serious and can result in death.
Also, there is likely a good deal of shame involved in having such a problem, so you need to make sure your friend understands that you are not judging her, but rather, you are just concerned. It sounds as though you are a good friend.

In brief: Ask her?
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Kevin Passer
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care
In brief: Talks how fat theyar
Has an obsession with weight and food.
It might seem like all your friend thinks (and talks) about is food, calories, fat grams, weight, and being thin. Goes on extreme or highly restrictive diets (for example, eating only clear soup or only raw veggies), cuts food into tiny pieces, moves food around on the plate instead of eating it, and is very precise about how food is arranged on the plate.

In brief: Talks how fat theyar
Has an obsession with weight and food.
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham