If a colon cancer is in advanced stage , it makes the stools thin every day? Because I had thin stool 2 weeks ago, then normal and today again. Help?

Pathology

In brief: Whoa

Forgive me for this.
You list yourself as having colon cancer. This will only narrow the caliber of your stool if it's still present. Are you inoperable? Is this a self-diagnosis unconfirmed by a competent physician? The bottom line is that we can't answer your question without more clinical information, and ultimately you need to find a physician whom you trust, cancer or no.

In brief: Whoa

Forgive me for this.
Dr. Myron Arlen
Surgery - Oncology

In brief: Not cancer

Symptoms of advanced colon cancer that cause changes in bowel habit related to left side of colon.
The colon absorbs water from the material passing from the small bowel. As liquefied stool reaches left colon it is solid. Tumor of left colon narrows the bowel so that stool becomes narrow and then produces partial obstruction. With Ca the symptoms progress and don't vary.

In brief: Not cancer

Dr. Myron Arlen
Dr. Myron Arlen
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice

In brief: Cancer Paranoia

Colon Cancer does not make "thin' stools.
Where and why are you getting this obsessive paranoia thinking? You list Colon Cancer in your list of conditions. Are you pretending? Do we need to get you to the psychiatrist's office for a full evaluation of your mental state? Do you really have a formal diagnosis of cancer?

In brief: Cancer Paranoia

Dr. Robert Killian
Dr. Robert Killian
2 comments
Perhaps he means "slender" or "pencil-like", Dr. Killian. I have known other young people who are persuaded they have colon cancer after reading about this correlation on the internet or in a book. Whatever's really going on, our correspondent needs to be seen.
Dr. Robert Killian
Thank you for taking the time to teach me. I am always up to learn the nuances here.
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery