Is renova (tretinoin) cream good for dark spots on the face?

First evaluate . First have a dermatologist evaluate this for possible mealnoma. Renova (tretinoin) cream provides one agent to help diminish dark spots but truly effective lightening may require more agressive treatment with hydroquinone and/or corticosteroids and/or chemical peels as well as cessation of hormonal preparations.
Perhaps. Renova (tretinoin) is a cream that encourages desquamation - or removal of the outer most layers of the skin. This is best for sun and age damage of the skin and may stimulate the skin to replenish damaged collagen and elastic fibers in the skin. This might lighten some dark spots but you may get a better result with a fading cream such as eldoquin.