What are some of your side effects while on lo ovral (ethinyl estradiol and norgestrel) vs ovral (ethinyl estradiol and norgestrel)?

Dr. Alan Patterson
In brief: Can be the same
Lo-ovral (ethinyl estradiol and norgestrel) has 35 mcg estrogen, while ovral (ethinyl estradiol and norgestrel) has 50 mcg estrogen, both have the same type of estrogen and progesterone.
Anyone can have side effects with any type of bc pill, but I do not have any patients on ovral (ethinyl estradiol and norgestrel) and only a few on lo-ovral (ethinyl estradiol and norgestrel) as I use much lower dose pills in almost all of my patients. Almost all of mine are using a 25 or 20 or 10 mcg estrogen pill.

In brief: Can be the same
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham